1. Does a person buying a home “on-contract” from another person, where the buyer makes payments directly to the seller, have to issue a 1099-INT to the seller? The amount is about $5,000.
2. Can I take a solar credit on rental property.
3. Are you sure you don’t have a checklist for due diligence?
4. We have a local bank that has told all of their customers that they now only provide 1099-Int electronically. Is this legal-I have several elderly clients that do not use the internet.
5. A client received a 1099-DIV with $14,000 in Box 9 of Form 1099-DIV called cash liquidating distributions. Does this get reported as qualifying dividends on Sch. B?
6. Elderly client dies and we just found a bunch of uncashed Series E bonds. He died at Thanksgiving. The interest is about $8,800. Where does it get reported?