1. I may have misunderstood your comment this week in the 1040 class. When a taxpayer does a qualified charitable distribution transfer from an IRA to a charity-is it taxable? And do you keep a charity deduction?
2. Watched the business in depth class and you mentioned depreciation on leasehold improvements-is it the life of the lease or what?
3. Client demands that we allow Paychex to issue a W-2 to them-they are a sole proprietor. What do we do?
4. Can I setup an SEP for a client that is covered by a 401k at regular job?
5. What is the SALT deduction inflation amount for this year?
6. When a realtor gets their license do they automatically qualify as a real estate professional and get to deduct rental losses?
7. I have a client doing the Medi-Share health care sharing ministry insurance for their employees. Where does this get deducted?
8. Can I rollover my HSA to an IRA?
9. I heard you say you can move your HSA to another trustee-how do we do that and is there a form for it?
10. When does the new age 72 RMD rule go into effect?
11. Where do I get a written computer security plan-I just heard I am supposed to have one.
12. Do you have a VPN you recommend? (Private Internet Access)
13. I heard you say in FT Collins yesterday that UBER mileage reports are wrong-how?
14. Will you guys be doing a class on Senator Warren’s Medicare for All stuff?
15. I have a married client living in Germany. He works for IBM, she works for a German bank-does he qualify for the foreign earned income exclusion? Does she?
16. When you payoff a reverse mortgage is the interest deductible?
17. My client retired this year at 62 and started Social Security-Someone told them they are no longer allowed to work-this cannot be crrect-is it?
18. Do I still need to do the portability election when 1 person of a married couple passes away? I mean really, with an 11 million exclusion is there any reason to do it?
19. Can the client roll their RMD to a different IRA?
20. I have a guy who is buying homes, fixing them p and then selling them as a contract for deed to people who can’t get conventional mortgages-makes a fair amount of money. Is this a capital gain or a 4797 business asset sale?