1. I have a client that went to one of those investing in real estate forums and now they want to “flip” homes. The speaker told them to use their IRA, but I think you said there is some problem with that. Do you remember what the issue is?
2. When a client buys a vacation home on the beach in their IRA can they go there to perform repairs without any IRS issues?
3. In my previous question the client has about 750,000 in their IRA but the rental house is only worth about $275,000. How much of the IRA is in jeopardy if they have a problem?
4. My client has bought a franchise in a pizza company called Papa Murphy’s. They used their 401k (not the IRA) to buy it. I know you have always said not to buy a franchise in your retirement account, but they have lots of rulings and IRS guidance that says it is ok. Do I need to be concerned?
5. I have a consultant telling my client that it is ok to invest their IRA into an LLC that buys a Subway franchise. He quoted a tax court case where the IRS said it was legal-I even see it in your manual. What gives?