1. With all of the changes that continue to occur on health insurance I am unsure about whether there is a penalty in 2019 for not having health insurance. Can you summarize what my clients have to worry about for health insurance this year?
2. My insurance guy told one of my clients that his company no longer needs to give health insurance with employees-that all the penalties on employers are gone. Is that true?
3. Can I put money in my HSA in the year I go on Medicare?
4. I have a client whose W-2, Box 12, Code W for HSA employer contributions shows $3,000. The client swears that the employer only put in $1,000 and that they put in the rest at work and they should get a deduction for the other $2,000. What gives?
5. What is the due date for a 2018 health savings account contribution for a return still on extension?
6. My client had her gall bladder removed in March of 2019 and had to pay a $5,000 deductible. She just got a new job with an employer that provides qualified HDHP insurance. Can she start the health savings account now, deposit and deduct $5,000 and reimburse the $5,000 from earlier this year since it was all this year?
7. My client got a 1099-SA for withdrawing $7700 from her account. She has had health savings insurance for several years and never withdrew anything before, but she only had about $2500 of medical costs this year. She does have receipts from 2017 for $6,000 medical bills she paid out of pocket but I think she can’t use them because they were not for 2018-is this right? Please help-the return is on extension until I get your answer Bob.
8. Can I use my health savings account to pay premiums for long term care insurance?
9. Can I use my health savings account to pay my Medicare B and D premiums and supplement?
10. I have an S corporation where the shareholder is participating in the cafeteria plan. Is this ok?
11. Can I avoid the entire SE health insurance mess in an S corporation by hiring the owner’s husband and just providing him with family health insurance?
12. I heard in one of your classes that if I give health insurance to one of my adult children that I need to add it to their W-2 if I am an S corporation. This seems unfair since they don’t get a deduction-can we just ignore it?
13. On a partnership that provides health insurance for only 1 of the 2 partners (the other one is covered by her husband’s employer) how does this get handled on the 1065 and 1040?
14. Can my client pay their share of health insurance premiums from their employer through a cafeteria plan? The client’s share is $4,000 and their employer says they can only use $2,700.
15. My clients (joint return) each work for unrelated employers. Can they each participate in a health flex spending account?